– Please enter the building wearing masks leaving six feet between each pair of attendees.
– Please have your payment to hand preferably in an envelope with your name on the envelope.
– Hand sanitizer will be available at the reception desk.
– After checking in at reception, you will be allocated chairs suitably distanced from other attendees where you may leave any belongings and you may then remove your mask. At the end of the session the chairs will be sanitized.
– Your bubble will be allocated sufficient space to allow you to perform the dance moves safely.
– The kitchen is currently unavailable to participants due to Covid-19 restrictions so please bring along a water bottle.
Toilets are available but during June, please visit the toilet before attending the session to avoid us having to sanitize the toilets after use.
There are plenty of car parking spaces available and overflow parking available on Lodge Road.
Normally, a dance partner is not required as we rotate dancers. However, due to Covid-19 you will need to have a bubbled dance partner, which can be from another household, until Government restrictions allow otherwise. You can always dance on your own, learning the leader/follower steps for when Covid-19 restrictions are relaxed.
Most important is a comfortable pair of shoes, definitely no stylettos. Flat shoes are the best footwear with preferably a slippery sole such as leather. Trainers are also fine to begin with. Your other clothes should be loose fitting enough to allow you to move. If you want to dress up in the theme of the 1920s/1930s/1940s then go ahead but it is not usual for dance classes.
We go through the basics at each class and each class is modular so you do not need any pre-requisite dance knowledge. Being able to count from one to eight though is a bonus!